Australia Property Securities strategy
The Martin Currie Australia Property Securities strategy seeks to maximise expected returns for longer term investors by investing in a diversified portfolio of Australian and Asian listed property and property-related equities which are trading below our assessment of intrinsic value, whilst considering each securities’ quality
Martin Currie Australia is a leading innovator of active equity investment solutions, with over 35 years of history investing in Australian equities on behalf of both domestic and international clients.
Our approach is premised on the philosophy that the equity market is efficient over the long term, with REIT prices ultimately reflecting the present value of future cash flows.
However, in the short term, the market’s behavioural biases can create temporary mispricing and divergence from fair value that can be exploited by our disciplined investment process.
We rely on our complementary fundamental and quantitative research, and our collective insights into the current investment landscape, to identify opportunities.
MARTIN CURRIE AUSTRALIA FOR PROPERTY SECURITIES
Maximises long term returns and reduces risks through diversification
- Seeks to invest in Australian and Asian listed property and property-related equities trading at the deepest discounts to intrinsic value based on MCA analysis.
Deep resources and local knowledge
- Dedicated property securities team has deep knowledge of REIT markets
- Captures in-depth fundamental and qualitative insights from MCA’s long-serving 18-member investment team
- Local knowledge and expertise captures insights quickly and consistently across portfolios
Focus on risk control
- High liquidity and transparent pricing by investing only in ASX-listed securities, avoiding common problems faced by unlisted property funds
Forward looking insights drive security selection
- Focus on replacement cost rents and sustainable cash flows
- Benefits from our collective insights into the current investment landscape
- Looks through the short-term market noise with a focus on the long-term normalised earnings power of companies
- ESG embedded into the investment process
- Powerful combination of two different investment lenses – quality and value – provides a broad perspective of security expected returns