Australia Core Equity strategy
The Martin Currie Australia Core Equity strategy seeks to provide consistently higher returns than the benchmark throughout market cycles, without the risk of style-biased strategies, by investing in a diversified portfolio of securities based on a deep understanding of each company’s valuation, direction and quality.
Martin Currie Australia is a leading innovator of active equity investment solutions, with over 35 years of history investing in Australian equities on behalf of both domestic and international clients.
Our approach is premised on the philosophy that the Australian equity market is efficient over the long term, with security prices ultimately reflecting the present value of future cash flows.
However, in the short term, the market’s behavioural biases can create temporary mispricing and divergence from fair value that can be exploited by our disciplined investment process.
We rely on
our complementary fundamental and quantitative research, and our collective insights into the current investment landscape, to identify opportunities.
MARTIN CURRIE AUSTRALIA FOR CORE EQUITY
Reliable investment performance
- A unique set of fundamental and quantitative signals designed to consistently add value through market cycles
Deep resources and insights
- Captures in-depth fundamental and qualitative insights from MCA’s long-serving 18-member investment team
Focus on risk control
- Portfolio built systematically to achieve optimal balance of risk and reward
- Combination of deep fundamental insights and quantitative analysis provides conviction in security and portfolio positioning
Forward looking insights drive security selection
- Focus on forward looking insights from a unique combination of fundamental and quantitative research, unlike ‘traditional’ quantitative-only funds that rely on backward-looking signals
- Benefits from our collective insights into the current investment landscape
- Looks through the short-term market noise with a focus on the long-term normalised earnings power of companies
- ESG embedded into the investment process
- Powerful combination of three different investment lenses – quality, value and direction – provides a broad perspective of security expected returns