We view our role in the investment chain with a straightforward clarity of purpose.
As asset managers, aligning the long-term investment horizons of our clients’ capital with companies that will use that capital to create multi-decade, sustainable value is our ultimate fiduciary duty. We believe stewardship is at the heart of this client proposition.
Annual report 2019
Investing for sustainable outcomes
Martin Currie has once again strengthened the depth and commitment of its stewardship activities during the past year. Importantly we have continued to be an active voice within the industry advocating for change towards a more sustainable investment environment.
- Highest possible (A+) rating awarded by the PRI* across all three categories
- Worked collaboratively with International Integrated Reporting Council and UK Financial Reporting Council
- Extensive engagement and voting activity on behalf of our clients
- Continued to develop our work with external consultants on our in-house ESG expertise
- Research and thought leadership shared with clients and industry
View full report
*PRI – Principles for Responsible Investment. Engagement and voting activity is for the period 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018.