Australia Small Companies strategy
The Martin Currie Australian Small Companies strategy seeks to provide high returns by investing in a diversified portfolio of investments that range from early stage, high growth emerging businesses through to companies building a sustainable competitive advantage, industry disrupters and established businesses with turnaround potential.
Martin Currie Australia is a leading innovator of active equity investment solutions, with over 35 years of history investing in Australian equities on behalf of both domestic and international clients.
Our approach is premised on the philosophy that the Australian equity market is efficient over the long term, with security prices ultimately reflecting the present value of future cash flows.
Smaller companies are at various stages of their growth cycle and therefore can produce wide-ranging outcomes with significant opportunities for our disciplined investment process.
We rely on our complementary fundamental and quantitative research, and our collective insights into the current investment landscape, to identify opportunities.
MARTIN CURRIE AUSTRALIA FOR SMALL COMPANIES
Differentiated investment opportunities
- Seeks to invest in small-companies’ securities that display a disconnect between fundamental valuations and market price
- Aims to exploit the inefficiencies inherent in this market segment due to liquidity, volatility and lack of broad research coverage
- Diversified style attributes designed to capture returns in all market conditions
Deep resources and insights
- Dedicated small companies team has deep knowledge of small company markets and small company portfolio management
- Captures insights beyond the small companies’ universe from MCA’s long-serving 18-member investment team
Forward looking insights drive security selection
- Focus on understanding each company’s competitive advantages, product lifecycle, management quality and industry structure
- Benefits from our collective insights into the current investment landscape
- Looks through the short-term market noise with a focus on the long-term normalised earnings power of companies
- ESG embedded into the investment process
- Powerful combination of three different investment lenses – quality, value and direction – provides a broad perspective of security expected returns