The ESG landscape is competitive and continues to evolve apace. We have maintained our efforts to remain ahead of and prepared for continued regulatory change, and where possible, help influence it.
The report highlights work we have carried out in the reporting year and includes:
- Becoming signatories of the FRC UK Stewardship Code 2021 and the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative (NZAMI), members of the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) and the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Our obligations under the UK Stewardship Code
- The evolution of our proprietary ESG scoring
- New ESG metrics that have been incorporated within our client reporting
- The classification of our strategies post the implementation of EU SFDR and the challenges that lie ahead with regard to the changing regulatory landscape
- Examples of the outcomes of integration and engagement we have worked on with investee companies
- A summary of the extensive engagement and proxy voting activities over calendar year 2021
- A summary of key policy documents
- Thought leadership and insights relating to Stewardship and ESG shared with our clients and the industry
Our purpose of Investing to Improve Lives is more than just providing world class investment solutions and better financial outcomes for our clients.