The ESG landscape is competitive and continues to evolve apace. We have maintained our efforts to remain ahead of and prepared for continued regulatory change, and where possible, help influence it.
The report highlights work we have carried out in the reporting year and includes:
- Becoming signatories of the FRC UK Stewardship Code 2021 and the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative (NZAMI), members of the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) and the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Our obligations under the UK Stewardship Code
- The evolution of our proprietary ESG scoring
- New ESG metrics that have been incorporated within our client reporting
- The classification of our strategies post the implementation of EU SFDR and the challenges that lie ahead with regard to the changing regulatory landscape
- Examples of the outcomes of integration and engagement we have worked on with investee companies
- A summary of the extensive engagement and proxy voting activities over calendar year 2021
- A summary of key policy documents
- Thought leadership and insights relating to Stewardship and ESG shared with our clients and the industry
Our purpose of Investing to Improve Lives is more than just providing world class investment solutions and better financial outcomes for our clients.
Regulatory information and risk warnings
This information is issued and approved by Martin Currie Investment Management Limited (‘MCIM’), authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It does not constitute investment advice. Market and currency movements may cause the capital value of shares, and the income from them, to fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested.
The information contained in this document has been compiled with considerable care to ensure its accuracy. However, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made to its accuracy or completeness. Martin Currie has procured any research or analysis contained in this document for its own use. It is provided to you only incidentally and any opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
The document does not form the basis of, nor should it be relied upon in connection with, any subsequent contract or agreement. It does not constitute, and may not be used for the purpose of, an offer or invitation to subscribe for or otherwise acquire shares in any of the products mentioned.
Past performance is not a guide to future returns.
The views expressed are opinions of the portfolio managers as of the date of this document and are subject to change based on market and other conditions and may differ from other portfolio managers or of the firm as a whole. These opinions are not intended to be a forecast of future events, research, a guarantee of future results or investment advice.
Please note the information within this report has been produced internally using unaudited data and has not been independently verified. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, no guarantee can be given.
The information provided should not be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular strategy/fund/security. It should not be assumed that any of the security transactions discussed here were or will prove to be profitable.
The analysis of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors forms an important part of the investment process and helps inform investment decisions. The strategy/ies do not necessarily target particular sustainability outcomes.