Stewardship Annual Report
Considering stewardship factors is an integral part of Martin Currie's investment philosophy and process. Our Stewardship Annual Report 2018 highlights our approach, activity and the successes achieved in 2017.
10 April 2018
Stewardship Annual Report 2018 - An introduction
- Highest possible (A+) rating awarded by the PRI* across all three categories
- David Sheasby, our Head of Stewardship and ESG, appointed to the PRI’s ESG Engagement Advisory Committee
- Continued work with external consultants to develop our in-house ESG expertise
- Successful completion of first-round collaborative engagement on water risk in the agricultural supply chain
- Significant engagement and voting activity on behalf of our clients
Highest rating achieved
||1 Jan 16 – 31 Dec 16
||1 Jan 15 – 31 Dec 15
||1 Jan 14 – 31 Dec 14
||1 Jan 13 – 31 Dec 13
Focus for the year ahead
While there are many ESG issues on our radar screens for 2018, the report explores four that stand out due to their increasing materiality:
Read the full report
Our Stewardship Annual Report provides detail on our engagement with companies, voting activity and case studies that exemplify our approach.
*PRI – Principles for Responsible Investment. FRC – Financial Reporting Council. Engagement and voting activity is for the period 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017.
This information is issued and approved by Martin Currie Investment Management Limited (‘MCIM’). It does not constitute investment advice. The information provided should not be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular security. It should not be assumed that any of the securities discussed were, or will prove to be, profitable.
Any distribution of this material in Australia is by Martin Currie Australia Limited (‘MCA’). Martin Currie Australia is a division of Legg Mason Asset Management Australia Limited (ABN 76 004 835 849). Legg Mason Australia Limited holds an Australian Financial Services Licence (ASFL No. AFSL240827) issued pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001.