Welcome to Edition 8 of the STEWARDSHIP MATTERS magazine, our regular review of Martin Currie’s work in the stewardship and ESG space, and our insight into future trends.
This quarter, we have specifically focused on the important topic of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), whether it be gender, cultural, generational, ethnic, socio-economic or any other diversity measure.
In this edition, we cover:
- The increasing evidence of a positive link between greater corporate focus on D&I and financial performance;
- The commitment Martin Currie has taken as a firm to becoming a truly diverse, inclusive, and equitable company, and the progress we are making towards our targets;
- The current state of play when it comes to how companies and countries are tackling with improvements in D&I globally, and what good looks like;
- Recent engagements undertaken by our investment teams where D&I and its impact on corporate culture and customers have been the key focus; and
- The need for increased transparency across all diversity measures, and the role investors have in contributing to better outcomes in this space.
Supporting diverse talent in our industry is vital. Not only does a diverse workforce bring new ideas, perspectives and skills that help businesses thrive and be more resilient, it also helps our industry better reflect the investors, communities, and people we serve.