Welcome to Edition 7 of the STEWARDSHIP MATTERS magazine, our regular review of Martin Currie’s work in the stewardship and ESG space, and our insight into future trends.
In this edition, we have specifically focused on how Martin Currie, alongside our clients, are responding to the climate crisis, our commitments to NZAMI1, and our contribution towards the path to Net Zero.
In this edition, we cover:
- How we are partnering with our clients to achieve their ambitions of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050;
- The support we are providing for all clients, irrespective of their current commitment status;
- Our engagement and escalation driven approach to deliver effective climate action;
- Using collaboration and shared insight to solve the complex challenges of Net Zero;
- Recent examples of Net Zero engagements and active ownership;
- Where we see opportunities to invest in climate solutions across legacy and ‘unexpected’ sectors; and
- How we as a business are playing our own part.
After a period of hard work, and deep consultation with clients, we are initially able to commit that 15.4%2 of Martin Currie’s assets under management (AUM) will be managed in line with NZAMI’s goal of ‘net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050’.