In an environment where the term, ‘ESG’, has become politicised, we ask whether it is time to focus on stewardship, sustainability and impact to undertake better investment analysis, support our clients’ interests and contribute to solving real world challenges.
The report highlights work that has been carried out in the reporting year and includes:
- Improved stewardship resources, becoming a lead investor to the PRI Advance initiative, submission of initial targets to Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative (NZAMI)
- Our obligations under the UK Stewardship Code
- Our approach to engagement
- Examples of the outcomes of integration and engagement where we have worked with investee companies
- A summary of engagement and proxy voting activities during calendar year 2022
- How TCFD reporting provides a vital framework for dialogue
- A summary of key policies
- Thought leadership and insights relating to Stewardship and Sustainability, shared with our clients and the industry
Our purpose of Investing to Improve Lives is more than just providing world class investment solutions and better financial outcomes for our clients.